54 Last Dance Wedding Songs To End The Night
For many people, the first dance is the most important song choice of the night. After all, such a big deal is made about the first dance you share as a newly married couple.
However, something that often becomes an afterthought is the last dance of the night. Ending your wedding on a memorable note is something all couples want to do, especially as many use this last song as a way for loved ones to ‘see them off’ as they leave the wedding as a married couple,
We have found 54 of the best last dance wedding songs to end the night. We have split them into 6 different categories, so you can find the perfect wedding song for your wedding, whatever your theme or vibe may be.
You can find these songs on your favorite streaming service where you can add all of them into a playlist if you want to! So, without further ado (or should we say I do), let’s get into it….
Songs to get everyone dancing (yep, even your 90-year-old aunt!)
Whether you want a modern dancy hit or a classic tune that is guaranteed to get everyone up on the floor, you can’t go wrong with any of these songs!
Your loved ones can dance you away, waving goodbye as you head off into married life, or you can share the dance floor with them for one last celebration.
There are some floor fillers from Train and Whitney Houston that all ages will love, some classics such as ‘Reet Petite’ by Jackie Wilson that the older generation are sure to remember, and even something by Maroon 5 for the young’uns.
- Don’t Stop Me Now – Queen
- Katrina and The Waves – Walking on Sunshine
- Simple Minds – Don’t You Forget About Me
- Toploader – Dancing in the Moonlight
- Maroon 5 – Sugar
- Redbone – Come And Get Your Love
- Jackie Wilson – Reet Petite
- Hot Chocolate – You Sexy Thing
- Train – Hey Soul Sister
- Whitney Houston – I Wanna Dance With Somebody
Classic love songs
Whether you want a slow dance or something more romantically upbeat, there are a plethora of love songs available for your last dance. Encourage everyone to get on the floor with you (after all, you already had your first dance alone, right?).
For a slow dance, choose Elvis Presley ‘Can’t Help Falling in Love’ or ‘I Will Always Love You’ by Dolly Parton – both are sure to get some people tearing up. Or you can choose something more upbeat to leave everyone with a grin on their face such as The Beatles’ hit ‘All You Need is Love’.
- Elvis Presley – Can’t Help Falling in Love
- Frank Sinatra – You Make Me Feel So Young
- Elton John – Your Song
- The Temptations – My Girl
- Louis Armstrong – What a Wonderful World
- Dolly Parton – I Will Always Love You
- Lionel Richie and Diana Ross – Endless Love
- The Beach Boys – God Only Knows
- Hall and Oates – You Make My Dreams Come True
- The Beatles – All You Need is Love
Alternative love songs
Perhaps you are a cool, hip couple who want something a little less predictable for your last dance song. Our selection of alternative love songs really ticks that box. Some of these could even make great choices for a first dance song, so be sure to have a listen to them all if you are still stuck on that.
Our favorites include Kings of Leon’s sexy slow tune, ‘On Call, and the funky, upbeat bass in ‘Hard to Concentrate’ by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Or you can throw it back to your teen years with Green Day’s lovely ballad ‘Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)’.
- Imagine Dragons – On Top of the World
- Green Day – Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
- Kings of Leon – On Call
- Red Hot Chili Peppers – Hard to Concentrate
- Paramore – Still Into You
- Madness – It Must Be Love
- Lana Del Rey – Young and Beautiful
- Florence and the Machine – You’ve Got the Love
- Talking Heads – This Must Be the Place (Naive Version)
- Father John Misty – When You’re Smiling and Astride Me
Songs for an unforgettable night
Songs to get everyone’s attention, whether that be from laughter, joy, or just pure shock! Sure, they aren’t traditionally associated with weddings, but they are bound to give your guests a giggle.
Everyone will instantly recognize ‘Send Me On My Way’ by Rusted Root from the hit movie Matilda and will be watching it at their next possible chance.
You can give a hint to the expected wedding night antics with ‘Laid’ by James, and Marvin Gaye’s sexy song. Or, simply let your loved ones know that you’ll be there for each other like Monica and Chandler with the tune from The Rembrandts.
- Rusted Root – Send Me on My Way
- *NSYNC – Bye Bye Bye
- Marvin Gaye – Let’s Get It On
- The Rembrandts – I’ll Be There For You
- The Clash – Should I Stay or Should I Go?
- James Brown – Get Up Offa That Thing
- Queen – Another One Bites the Dust
- James – Laid
- The B-52s – Love Shack
- Ginuwine – Pony
Rock ‘n’ roll romantics
Rock music doesn’t all have to be rebellious! Some of the most beautiful love songs in the world belong to the genre of rock, and many of them are absolutely perfect for the last song of your wedding night!
Dire Straits’ nod to the classic (albeit tragic) love story of Romeo and Juliet provides a fairly upbeat outro to your wedding night. O choose something a bit more rock ‘n’ roll with Metallica’s soft metal ballad ‘Nothing Else Matters’.
Led Zeppelin’s heartfelt lyrics in ‘Thank You’ have got to be up there with some of the most romantic words in the world, and there’s even something from everyone’s favorite rockers, Foo Fighters!
- Dire Straits – Romeo and Juliet
- Foo Fighters – Everlong
- The Darkness – I Believe in a Thing called Love
- Metallica – Nothing Else Matters
- Led Zeppelin – Thank You
- Bon Jovi – Bed of Roses
- Foreigner – I Want to Know What Love is
- The Goo Goo Dolls – Iris
- Fleetwood Mac – You Make Loving Fun
- INXS – Never Tear Us Apart
Tunes to say farewell
To finish off, we have some wonderful songs you can play as a goodbye, so your loved ones can reminisce on the wonderful day they have had, and wish each other (and the happy couple) goodbye!
There are two songs from musicals to choose from, and two very ‘pop’ songs, one from everyone’s favorite blond songstress, T Swift, and the other from classic 90s girl band, the Spice Girls.
- The Sound of Music – So Long, Farewell
- Dirty Dancing – (I’ve Had) The Time of my Life
- Taylor Swift – Today Was A Fairytale
- Spice Girls – Goodbye
What is a last dance wedding song?
As the name suggests, the last dance wedding song is simply the last song that plays at your wedding. For many people, this will be the last dance of the wedding day that they can share with family, friends, loved ones, and each other.
For others, it may be the song that they exit the wedding to, with their families and loved ones waving them off as they embark on their honeymoon, or simply head off to their wedding night destination.
The song is classically upbeat, but there is also a trend of people choosing a second love song that is similar to their first dance. Of course, what you choose is your choice.
There is no right or wrong answer when it comes to choosing the last dance song. All that matters is that you and your spouse-to-be love it.
How do you end a wedding?
How you choose to end your wedding is entirely your choice. Of course, as we have explored, the last dance is typically the most popular way of ending the wedding.
However, some couples may also choose to incorporate the last dance song with another event such as a fireworks display, a sparkler arch (where your guests hold sparklers up as you and your new spouse walkthrough), and even karaoke.
As you can see, there are many ways you can choose to end your wedding, and you can get as creative as you like. Be sure to check out our list of songs above to ensure you have the perfect outro song!
There you have it! A list of a whole 54 different songs to end your wedding night. We are sure you can agree that there are many to choose from. We hope you have found the one you love.
Thanks for reading!