What Shoes To Wear With Ivory Wedding Dress
If like many modern brides, you’ve opted for an ivory wedding dress over the traditional white, you may be stuck for ideas on what shoes would be best to match it.
This is especially true when it comes to the color of the shoes.
While a pure white dress would go with pretty much anything, the slightly darker shade of ivory could prove problematic when paired with certain colors.
- Betsey Johnson Womens Shoes
- Metallic textile heel with front bow detail
- 4.25 inch heel height
- Heel height: 3.75 inches
Luckily, there are still many color and style options available that would work perfectly with an ivory wedding dress.
Below, we’ll take an in-depth look at what shoes to wear with an ivory wedding dress, along with what you should avoid when choosing your bridal shoes.
What Shoe Color Works Best with an Ivory Wedding Dress?
There are actually quite a few color and shade options available to choose from when you’re matching shoes with an ivory wedding dress. These include:
We’ll take a more detailed look at each of these categories throughout this article, and explain why exactly each of them is perfect for wearing with an ivory wedding dress.
What Style of Shoe Works Best with an Ivory Wedding Dress?
As with color and shade, you’ve got a huge variety of options to choose from when it comes to looking at the style of your shoes. Any of the following styles would work perfectly with an ivory wedding dress:
There really isn’t any limitation on style. One thing to think about, however, is that the shoes you choose should be comfortable enough to wear during the ceremony, through the wedding photography session, and into the evening.
Nude & Neutral Color Wedding Shoes
Image credit: Pinterest
- Heel Height: Approx 2 inches
- Style: peep toe low heel shoes, fit for brides, bridesmaids, mother of the brides
- Feature: Comfortable Low Heel Wedding Shoes for Bride Block Heel Satin Bridal Shoes, wide width , soft padding
Nude and neutral colored shoes are always a great choice for an ivory wedding dress, especially if you’re looking to color-match your entire look. They’ll also allow the dress to shine on its own without pulling any focus which, lets’ face it, is the real show-stopper of the day.
But what exactly is a ‘nude’ shade? To put it simply, it’s a color or shade that matches your own skin tone. Nude shoes are widely available in shades of browns, blacks, creams, and beiges.
It is important to note, however, that the shoes don’t need to match your skin tone perfectly. What they should do is complement and blend with your skin tone.
Of course, you don’t need to match your skin tone at all if you don’t want to. Any nude shoe will work perfectly with an ivory wedding dress, whether it closely matches your skin tone or not.
Neutral, or “earth tone”, colors and shades would also be a great choice for an ivory wedding dress, as they won’t pull focus from the dress or make it appear dirty.
Shades of black, brown, beige, and grey are perfect here. Or, if you fancied something that lets your personality shine through you could go for a mustard or navy earth tone.
Below, you’ll find some gorgeous wedding shoes in neutral and nude shades that are ideal for pairing with an ivory wedding dress.
If you want to showcase your shoes just as much as your wedding dress, going for a fancy, formal shoe is the way to do it. Here are a couple of our favorites:
- Dream Pairs Dolce Fashion Stilettos: These nude shoes are ideal for pairing with a figure-hugging, slinky dress. They have a 3-inch heel which, unlike some stilettos, means that aren’t impossible to walk in. The strappy design will allow you to show off that perfect pre-wedding pedicure as well.
- Nine West Nude Heels: If you want comfort as well as style, these Nine West Nude Heels are a great option. They are a little more conservative too, and, most importantly, they won’t pull too much focus from your dress. To put it simply, these are fuss-free, basic high-heeled shoes that will match perfectly with an ivory wedding dress.
Looking for something that is stylish, but doesn’t hurt to walk in? Here are some fantastic casual shoe choices:
- Kenneth Cole REACTION Wedge Sandals: The open-toe, breathable design of these wedge sandals makes them perfect for spring, summer, and beach-side weddings. They’ll also offer you a little height without sacrificing comfort. The faux leather and snakeskin detail also adds a little interest and personality.
- Amazon Essentials Ballerina Flats: These are a really good choice if you’re looking for something that offers a great amount of comfort, or if your dress is so long that your feet won’t actually be visible. They are foldable too, which makes them a great choice for storing in your purse and changing into when you want to hit the dancefloor.
Bold & Bright Colored Wedding Shoes
Image credit: Pinterest
- Buckle at ankle closure.
- Heel height: 4″ (approx)
- Platform height: 0.25″ (approx)
If you really want your personality to shine through, or you’d like to incorporate your wedding’s color scheme into your outfit, going for a bold or bright colored shoe is a great idea.
You could even go for a pair of blue ones, which wouldn’t only match ivory perfectly, but covers your “something blue”.
There are loads of bold, bright colors and jewel tones that would match an ivory wedding dress. A bold pop of color is also something that your guests may not be expecting, adding the excitement of your dress and making a memorable statement.
If you’re still not sold on the idea of a bold, bright color, allow us to explain why it would work so well with an ivory wedding dress.
To put it simply, the colors would compliment each other extremely well. The off-white of the wedding dress paired with the vibrancy of the shoe is pleasing to the eye.
Below, you’ll find a couple of bold and bright colored wedding shoes that would work perfectly with an ivory wedding dress.
- Dream Pairs D’Orsay Stiletto Pump Shoes: These come in a variety of bold colors including blue, red, yellow, and hot pink. The four-inch heel offers you some height and elongates the leg, and the ankle strap allows you to add a little extra sexiness into your wedding attire.
- Wild Diva Chunky Block Heel Pump: If you like the idea of a high-heeled shoe, but you’re not too confident with walking in stilettos, these are a great alternative. You’re still offered height, but the wider heel offers you more stability. They are also available in a huge range of bold, bright colors.
Pastel-Colored Wedding Shoes
If you like the idea of injecting a little color alongside the ivory of your wedding dress, but you aren’t certain that a bold, bright shade is quite right, consider pastels instead.
With pastel-colored wedding shoes, you’re still able to choose from a huge range of colors, but the boldness is muted.
A pair of pastel-colored wedding shoes will also bring a completely different aesthetic to your wedding dress as well. While a bold color adds drama, excitement, and sexiness, a pastel color will inspire romance and softness.
All pastel colors are good for pairing with ivory wedding dresses, which is ideal if you’re trying to keep things in line with your wedding’s color scheme.
But, some of the most effective colors that will pop against ivory included yellow, pink, turquoise, and blue.
To give you a better idea of what’s available, here are some of our favorite pastel-colored wedding shoes:
- Jessica Simpson Prizma Pump: These are classy, traditional wedding pumps that are available in a range of pastel colors. They are ideal for giving your wedding dress a subtle pop of color without pulling focus. They also have a 4-inch heel that offers height, and they can be easily slipped on and off without having to fuss with straps or buckles.
- Calvin Klein Women’s Heeled Sandal: These are a strappy option that are great for weddings in the summer months. The 3-inch heel offers a good amount of height, while still ensuring the shoes are comfortable to walk in. Most importantly, however, the pastel pink color is also fantastic for blending against an ivory dress and adding a pop of color without taking attention away from the dress.
Metallic Wedding Shoes
Image credit: Pinterest
Ivory is quite a metallic color itself, and one great way to enhance it further is to wear a pair of metallic wedding shoes. This could be gold, silver, rose, bronze, or copper.
One of the best things about metallic wedding shoes is that, much like pastels, they give you the ability to add a pop of color without taking attention away from the dress.
Think of them as a hybrid of pastels and nude shades. They’ll blend in well and enhance your dress, without creating too much of a distraction.
Unlike many wedding shoes, you’ll also be able to wear a pair of metallic shoes with multiple dresses after your wedding as well.
This is because they’ll go with practicality. So, if you’re looking to get as much value for money from your wedding shoes as possible, metallics are a great way to go.
One thing to keep in mind when choosing metallic shoes, however, is mixing your metallics.
To keep your entire outfit looking classy and seamless, you’ll need to make sure that any jewelry you’re wearing is the same metallic color as your shoes.
For example, if your wedding and engagement rings are platinum, go for a platinum color. Or, if your wedding dress features copper beading detail, choose a pair of copper-colored metallic shoes.
To give you a better idea of what metallic wedding shoes are available, take a look at these options:
- Dream Pairs Rhinestone Ankle Sandals: These mix comfort with style like no other shoe you’ve seen before! The flat-soled design makes them really easy to walk in, while the ankle-height rhinestone detailing offers some glamor. They are available in a range of metallics including gold, silver, and pewter.
- Skechers BOBS Memory Foam Ballet Flat: While these aren’t the most stylish wedding shoes you’ll find, they are ideal if your ivory wedding dress completely covers your feet and you want to remain comfortable throughout the day. They would also be a good choice for changing into when you want to hit the dance floor, but still want a bit of metallic glamor.
- Dream Pairs Amore Fashion Stiletto: The design of the Amore Fashion Stilettos is classic, traditional, and basically what you’d picture in your head when you think of wedding shoes. Not only are they available in a range of metallic colors, but they feature rhinestone encrusting that adds some sparkle as you make your way down the aisle.
Patterned Wedding Shoes
Image credit: Pinterest
Let’s put colors and shades to one side for a moment to talk about patterned wedding shoes. If you really want to inject some personality into your wedding outfit, patterned shoes are definitely a good choice.
They are also a great choice for pairing with an ivory dress as they won’t have any colors to clash against.
There are so many options to choose from. You can go for animal print, flowers, polka-dots, or stripes. The possibilities are virtually endless.
As with a pair of brightly colored shoes, wearing patterned shoes also comes with the unexpected twist that will make your wedding day even more memorable.
They’re also a bonus for your wedding photographer who is almost guaranteed to want to include them as much as possible in your pictures.
These Betsy Johnson Prince-p Pumps are a perfect example of the sort of patterned shoe that would work perfectly with an ivory wedding dress.
There are loads of different patterns to choose from, but they maintain that classic wedding shoe design. They even feature a layered bow detail on the front that adds extra interest.
Monochromatic Ivory Wedding Shoes
Image credit: Pinterest
If you want to color-match your dress to your shoes, monochromatic ivory is your best choice. By doing this, you’re creating a seamless look from head to toe.
However, it can be a little difficult to get the colors to match perfectly, and even ivory has certain shade differences.
With this in mind, it’s often a good idea to order a few pairs of monochromatic ivory shoes and choose the pair that matches your dress in color as closely as possible.
Here are some of our favorite monochromatic wedding shoes:
- Elegant Park Wedding Flats with Lace Detail: These are a wonderful choice if your ivory wedding dress has lace detailing. They are also really comfortable to walk in, and they are even better if you’re not a fan of wearing heels.
- Sam Edelman Hazel Dress Pump: If you’re looking for that classic wedding shoe design but you want to match your shoes with an ivory dress, these Hazel Dress Pumps are a wonderful choice. They are elegant and understated, but also feature some detailing that adds a little interest without pulling focus.
- Naturalizer Kinsley Pump: These are simple, strappy sandals that feature an ankle strap. They are the perfect choice for color-matching to an ivory dress, and their understated design will blend in perfectly with your wedding dress and ensure it’s the star of the show.
Studded Wedding Shoes
Image credit: Pinterest
If you’d like to add a little sparkle to your wedding dress or match any beading that it features, a studded wedding shoe is a great option. This could be in the form of rhinestones, sequins, beads, or actual studs.
One thing to think about, however, is that the color of the shoes shouldn’t pull focus from the studs themselves.
For example, a pair of bright red shoes with clear beading won’t have as much of an impact as nude wedding shoes with golden studs.
To give you a better idea of what we mean, take a look at these options below:
- Badgley Mischka Gigi Pointed Toe Flats: These are available in a few different colors, but it’s the nude shade that really lets the studded detailing shine through. These are a good choice for color-matching with an ivory wedding dress and, since they don’t have a heel, they will be comfortable to wear all day long.
- Olivia K Glitter & Rhinestone Low Toe Wedge: These wedding shoes have a nude, champagne color that, again, lets the studs shine. These are a good choice if you’re looking for height but don’t want to sacrifice comfort, as the small, wedged-heel covers a wider surface area and will keep you stable on your feet.
- FSJ Studded Transparent Pumps: These are the ultimate, blinged-up wedding shoes. The transparent design means that your feet will be on show, and they’ll act as the backdrop to the sparkly studs that run from the top of the heel to the toes. They also have a high, golden stiletto heel that would match perfectly with an ivory wedding dress.
Champagne-Colored Wedding Shoes
Image credit: Pinterest
A champagne wedding shoe sits in the same color category as nude and ivory. They are also quite metallic but stick to one shade of color rather than covering a range of metallic shades.
These D’Orsay Pointed Ballet Comfort Flats from Dream Pairs would match beautifully with an ivory wedding dress. They also have a little sparkle, which is ideal if you’d like to inject some glamour into your outfit.
Most importantly, however, they are very comfortable. They’ll potentially even last you all day, from the ceremony to the last song of the night.
This gives you excellent value for money and means that you don’t have to worry about finding another pair to change into later on.
Dark-Colored Wedding Shoes
Image credit: Pinterest
Last, but certainly not least, we’ll take a look at dark-colored wedding shoes.
Now, you might think that a pair of dark shoes isn’t very ‘wedding-y’, but they are actually perfect for matching with an ivory wedding dress.
Dark greens, blues, reds, and purples offer a pop of color all of their own. They aren’t as bold as brightly-colored shoes, nor are they as subtle as pastels.
They bring a certain level of maturity and allow you to inject some color, while still appreciating the seriousness of the occasion.
Dark colors are an especially good choice for weddings taking place during fall or winter, and they’ll offer an eye-pleasing pop of color that is in keeping with the season.
If you’re thinking about pairing some dark-colored wedding shoes with your ivory wedding dress, here are some wonderful options:
- Ollio Faux Suede Ballet Shoe: These are available in a range of dark, seductive colors that are perfect for setting against the off-white of your ivory wedding dress. The flat sole, battle shoe design also means that they are very comfortable. They also have a faux-suede upper that brings an extra layer of elegance to your entire outfit.
- ERIJUNOR High Heel Ankle Strap Wedding Shoes: These are another pair of shoes that have that classic, wedding shoe design. They also feature a bow placed on the back of each ankle that adds some extra interest. Available in a range of dark colors from burgundy to navy, they are a fabulous choice for wearing with an ivory wedding dress.
Shoes You Shouldn’t Wear with an Ivory Wedding Dress
As you can see, there are a plethora of shoe options available when you’re looking at what you can wear with an ivory wedding dress. However, there is one color that you should avoid at all costs – white.
The reason you shouldn’t wear white shoes with an ivory wedding dress is that it’s a lighter color than ivory. As such, white shoes will look much brighter than the dress and pull focus from it.
The brightness of white shoes can also give the appearance of an ivory dress looking dirty.
You can really inject some personally with bright colors and patterns, and you can keep things classy and simple with nudes.
But you should avoid wearing white wedding shoes with an ivory dress unless you want your dress to look drab and dull in comparison to the shoes themselves.
So, there you have it. Contrary to what you may think, or what other people have told you, there are loads of different options available to you when it comes to finding the perfect pair of shoes to wear with an ivory wedding dress.
As long as you avoid white, the style and the color of the wedding shoes you choose are practically limitless.
You can even use the opportunity to match your wedding’s color scheme, or use your wedding shoes as your “something blue”.
Remember, however, that bolder, brighter colors and patterned shoes will pull some focus from the dress. This is fine if you’d like to wear your wedding shoes as a statement piece.
But, if you’d prefer your dress to be the main event, go for something that matches it in color or blends in subtly.