What Shoes to Wear with a Boho Wedding Dress
Boho-style wedding dresses are the perfect way to bring a relaxed vibe to your wedding while still keeping things elegant.
Whether you opt for an off-the-shoulder wedding dress, long bell-shaped sleeves, or a simple, sleeveless style, boho wedding dresses suit pretty much any bride. However, while you may have found your perfect dress, choosing shoes to match your boho wedding dress can be a little trickier.
However, don’t let this put you off. There are plenty of styles out there that can finish off your dress beautifully, so you look and feel your best on your special day.
Image from: https://www.loveandlavender.com/boho-wedding-dresses/
- Material:Lace,Long Sleeves.Champagne color use champagne lining and ivory lace,white color use white lining and white lace.
- Please choose the size referring to our size chart image on the left. Do not use Amazon size chart
- The dress can be used wedding dress,prom dresses,evening dresses or other special occasion dresses
- Fabric: Wedding dress made of high-quality ivory lace with soft lining (Ivory/ Nude/ Champagne) which is skin-friendly with a slight stretch.Built-in bra.
- Size: In order to fit as expected, please refer to the size chart on the left when you place the order. We also provide Custom Made service, choose “One Size” then click “Customize now”.
- Suitable Occasions of the Chic Wedding Gowns: This romantic beach wedding dress suits more occasions such as beach, garden, park, church, vintage, country weddings, formal parties, nontraditional weddings, anniversaries, holiday parties, birthday parties, wedding photography, and other special occasions.
- Design: You can not miss this Boho V-neck Lace Up Slip Dress in summer. Our dress features adjustable straps and smocked design. It is perfect for a vacation.
- Garment Care: Regular Wash. Recommend with Cold Water. Do not Use Bleach. Do not Tumble Dry
- Occasion:This dress is Perfect for Graduation, Wedding, Beach Vacation, Cocktail Party, Tea Party, Club etc. It Can Also Be Worn In Spring And Summer with a Jacket or Coat for Daily Wear.
- Feature: lace mermaid wedding dresses for bride, long sleeve bridal gowns for women, lace appliques, illusion button back, bulit in bra, please refer to the pictures for specific details
- Size: Please refer to our Size chart image in the left. Custom Service is also available.
- Rush Order: Rush Order is Available, please email us your Event Date and we will try our best to rush it for you. Best quality and price ever. For more dreamy and affordable dress, please click our brand name above the title
- Features: Deep V neck, short sleeves, solid color, bump friendly, loose fit, fully lined except sleeves, button closure at chest. The unique and delicate lace ruffle cut design exudes feminine charm and makes you stand out from the crowd.
- Material: 95% Polyester and 5% Elastane.This boho dress offers a sumptuously soft texture that is both lightweight and breathable. Its gentle fabric ensures a luxuriously comfortable sensation, elevating your overall wearing pleasure.
- Event: Perfect for weddings,party,evenings,proms, baby showers, beach,holidays.Complement it with your preferred heels and adorned necklace for a truly captivating ensemble.
What is a boho wedding dress?
Boho wedding dresses have a more relaxed feel to them, due to their inspiration taken from “bohemian” or “hippy” styles.
They’re usually more lightweight than traditional dresses, often with a simple silhouette and with lace detailing, although they can vary a lot in style.
Put it this way: you know a boho wedding dress when you see one.
Shoes to Wear with a Boho Wedding Dress
Image from: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1555/3859/files/Alicia_-_bethany_erin.jpg?v=1552494056
Lace is an obvious choice for your wedding day, and these work well as most bohemian wedding dresses will feature at least some lace.
Lace also has a delicate and vintage feel to it that will add a timeless, romantic touch to your dress.
If you want to maintain sophistication and elegance on your wedding day, you can’t go too far wrong with lace shoes.
These ERIJUNOR Ivory Lace Bridal Shoes have lace flower detailing and a tie on the front, which provides a modern twist on a vintage classic.
One thing to bear in mind with lace shoes is to opt for the right color – if you choose a pair of shoes that are whiter than your dress, it can make champagne or ivory dresses look stained or dirty in comparison, so make sure you match the coloring.
No products found.
Nude or Neutral Colors
Image from: https://www.brides.com/gallery/neutral-bridesmaid-shoes
If you’re trying to avoid the classic ‘bride’ look, and really want to enhance the relaxed vibe of your bohemian wedding dress, a good option is nude or neutral-toned shoes, particularly those in earthy tones.
Why not opt for a nude sandal like these IDIFU Peep Toes with a low block heel, or if you want to keep things sweet and simple, espadrille styles like these from TONIVIS look perfect with a draping, bohemian dress with lace detailing and flowing sleeves.
Another great thing about going for neutral tones is that they pair well with the color of your wedding dress without diverting attention away from it.
So, if you’re looking for a pair of shoes that will compliment your dress and enhance its intricate detailing, neutral tones could be a great choice.
Image from: https://www.bellabelleshoes.com/blogs/news/a-guide-to-wedding-shoes-for-every-type-of-bride
- Fashionable Design: A pointed-toe silhouette with a classic D’Orsay design delivers a simple and elegant style.
- Great Stability: Crafted with a flexible textured TPR outsole for long-term wear resistance. This pair of fashion flats for women ensures superior stability while walking.
- A Secure Fit: These flat shoes are built with an adjustable ankle strap for a secure and comfortable fit.
- Soft Lining: The lining of these women’s flats provides you with comfort throughout the day.
- Non-Slip Outsole: Constructed with a TPR rubber outsole, these flats for women ensure stable footing on smooth surfaces so you can walk with confidence.
- Supportive Insole: These low wedge ankle flats have a light cushioned insole allowing you to walk with stability and comfort.
- Upper:glossy satin and exquisite pearls, Lining: durable PU leather, Anti-slip Rubber Sole.
- Well-made and soft, smooth skin-friendly material to be the outside, inside also back heel part, they won’t bring you any pain in your every step. Flexible and slip-resistant rubber sole and cushioned insole, nice moisture wick performance and long lasting, no sweat, no terrible smell. it’ll give you super comfortable wearing experience.
- Fashion pointed toe, special cut design in the shoes side, great fit on your feet, so you needn’t worry about shoes slipping. Light weight, flat heel, no noise in your walking, provides a comfortable walk with every step, you won’t feel tired all day
If you’re keeping within the bohemian theme throughout your wedding day – and you’re having the ceremony on the beach, or even in a woodland setting – you may want a shoe that not only fits in with this theme but is also practical.
Nobody wants to be walking on sand in high heels after all, but opting for a flat shoe doesn’t mean you have to settle for something plain and boring.
There are plenty of dazzling flat styles out there, from these gorgeous women’s flat sandals, which have flower rhinestone detailing, to these Herstyle round toe pumps which offer both elegance and practicality.
Flat shoes also work particularly well if your dress has a long draping skirt or simple silhouette, and sandals look great with long-sleeved lace styles or Grecian dresses.
Image from: https://onefabday.com/white-wedding-boots/
- Quality Material : Finished by durable outsole; Manmade textured sole; Fully lined; With the perfect amount of padding, you’ll be able to run around all day with ease in comfort!
- Western Style : Western Style Ankle Boots;low stack heel create the perfect casual look; Chunky High heels waterproof platform,vogue Element: Slip on and Lace up design make it easy on and off
- Fashionable : This style can be for just about any outfit with designs to help accentuate your legs and highlight your creative and fashionable look!
- [Warm Tips]: For a better fit, please check our brand SIZE CHART where located at pic part or product description section before your order. We suggest to order half or one size up if you plan to wear these rhinestones cowboy boots for women by thick socks or your feet and calves are wider than normal.
- [Shining Wedding Boots]: These beautiful cowgirl wedding boots will sure to compliment your wedding dress and your beauty on that special day. The 14.37 inches shaft studded with rhinestones element and glitter inlay and single stitch welt embroidery complement each other with your outfit.
- [Comfy Dance Cowgirl Boots ]: These cowboys boots is a shout out style which you can dance the night away with anyone anywhere. It features convenient pull-on taps and elegant snip pointy toe. The breathable inside leather lining, cushioned latex insole, rubber outsole with a 2.4 inches wooden heel, shout comfort…
- 3 inch Ivory Lace Wedding Boots for Bride
- Comfortable Wedding Heels for Women
- High Heel Wedding Shoes for Bride with Ribbon Tie
Looking for something different? Boots – or heeled booties – are perfect for adding a bit of gypsy or prairie flair to your wedding dress, especially if you’re wearing a long-sleeved style or a dress with a layered skirt.
A chunky block heel like these from Kathemoi is perfect, as the soft suede style in a neutral tone is simple enough to not take away from the bohemian detailing of your dress.
If you’re feeling particularly bold, a pair of cowboy boots could be the crowning glory of your bohemian look, especially if they have floral detailing like this pair from Soto Boots.
Or why not meet halfway between a sandal and a bootie, and go for something in between? This pair from Mila Lady offers the stability and comfort of a sandal, with the height of a heeled boot.
Image from: https://www.atlantisballroom.com/2019/07/summer-wedding-shoes-for-brides-and-bridesmaids/
If you want to add a little bit of color to your look without going too crazy, a great option is soft pastel tones: think baby pink, duck egg blue, or even lemon yellow.
This pastel yellow pair from J. Adams has a retro Mary-Jane style with a cute scalloped edge, and they’re available in a myriad of other colors, too. Why not match them to your flower arrangements or bridesmaids’ dresses?
No products found.
Add a Touch of Glamour
Image from: https://rachelsimpsonshoes.co.uk/blogs/news/sparkly-wedding-shoes-for-the-bride
If you want to balance out your bohemian dress with a pair of elegant shoes that will give it a classic finish, a good way to do this is to add just a touch of sparkle. Look for a pair of heels or sandals with a delicate heel and diamante detailing. Buy Ambien online https://ochoaspharmacy.com/ambien
There are plenty of styles available; from these Betsey Johnson heeled sandals which have a metallic finish and are adorned with embellishments, to these rhinestone ballet flats which combine glamour and comfort.
The great thing about rhinestone-encrusted shoes is that they can be worn with pretty much any kind of wedding dress. They look great with simple silhouette dresses and are the perfect way to ramp up your sophistication levels, but they look equally good with lace styles that have lots of delicate detailing.
These are also great if your dress exposes your feet and you want them to look as pretty as possible. Plus let’s face it, when you’re wearing shoes as stunning as these, you’re going to want them to be noticed.
Image from: https://www.deerpearlflowers.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Bohemian-and-Grecian-inspired-wedding-sandals.jpg
Sometimes less is more.
If your bohemian wedding dress is more on the modern and simple side, you can keep the look elegant and sophisticated with a pair of timeless strappy sandals.
Think stiletto heel and thin straps to dazzle with a classic minimalist look, or add a touch of glamour with a pair that have a metallic sheen, like these champagne satin ones from Dolce Fashion.
This style also works great for flats, too. If you’re wearing an off-the-shoulder Grecian style dress, finish off your goddess-worthy look with a pair of gladiator-style sandals.
Keep it Casual
Image from: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c7/44/81/c74481a23beaae97674824f9d611f297.jpg
If your wedding is all about going against the grain, why not opt for a pair of Converse with your wedding dress? This look is increasingly popular, and it’s easy to see why.
Whether your dress exposes your feet or not, wearing Converse or a similar flat shoe is the perfect way to enjoy your special day without having to worry about sore feet or tripping over your dress.
You can opt for cream or white converse, or inject your personality into the look by wearing your favorite color.
Add a pop of color
Image from: http://happywedd.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/bright-floral-heels-will-add-a-splash-of-color-to-your-look-480×722.jpg
Bridal wear is becoming increasingly bold and adventurous, and why shouldn’t it?
After all, this is your special day, and if you want to wear a pair of bright, bold shoes, you should!
Whether you choose for one hue or an amalgamation of several, a colorful pair of shoes can add a playful twist to your overall look and looks stunning if you match them to your flowers and bridesmaid dresses.
Check out these abstract patterned strappy stilettos, which also come in several other modern shades for a pop of color.
When it comes to wedding shoes, there are endless styles to choose from.
Strappy styles are perfect for keeping it simple and timeless, and look great with Grecian-style wedding dresses; lace shoes add a romantic touch to your look; while chunky block heel sandals, espadrilles, or flats bring the look down to earth and are perfect for adding to the bohemian theme.
At the end of the day, it’s all about personal choice, but you want to try and pick a shoe that will bring out the best of your dress.
If you want to keep the focus on the design of your dress, keep your shoes simple, but if your dress is a simple style in itself, you can either stick to a classic sandal or shoe or wear something that will turn heads.
This is important because we all have different opinions on heels.
Some of us love them, others, not so much… While you want to look your best on your wedding day, it’s also important to consider the length of the day and how long you’ll be on your feet.
It’s especially important to consider this if you’re having your wedding in an unconventional setting, such as a beach, field, or woodland area. If you’ll be walking on uneven ground, stilettos may not be a great idea.
Plus, there are so many great flats around today that flat no longer means boring. There’s also the option of wedges or a block heel that will give you height while still maintaining some comfort. Or, prioritize comfort altogether and opt for Converse or boots!
If you’re wearing a wedding dress in traditional colors such as ivory or champagne, it’s important to ensure that your shoes aren’t lighter than your dress. You don’t want a pair of bright white shoes that will make your off-white dress look dirty or yellow.
If you’re looking for a more modern color scheme, why not opt for neutral colors instead? These tie in perfectly with the bohemian theme as they offer that down-to-earth, hippy vibe, without drawing too much attention to your shoes.
You can get a range of shoes – from boots to sandals – in neutral colors like beige, pale pink, or brown, and the great thing about these is that you’ll probably wear them again after your wedding – so you won’t just be putting them away in a box to gather dust after your special day.
Pastel tones are also a great way to add a hint of color without going overboard, and soft hues like pale pink, blue, and yellow are perfect for spring or summer weddings.
There’s also the option of shaking things up completely and opting for a bold pop of color to put a modern twist on your wedding dress. You can even match the color of your shoes to the color scheme of your wedding.
Let’s face it, many of us won’t wear our wedding shoes again. They’re likely to be placed in a box and put under the bed or in a closet never to be worn again.
Therefore, perhaps durability isn’t your biggest concern. However, it’s still important to make sure that your shoes are well-made and that they see you through your big day without anything snapping or falling off.
Leather shoes provide the best comfort and are the most durable, whereas synthetic leather is cheaper and more available.
Also take note of things such as the material, as materials like satin may stain easily, although if you’re not planning on wearing your shoes again this perhaps isn’t too much of a concern. Still, it’s nice to have the option of handing your shoes onto someone else one day.
How much you spend on your wedding shoes really does depend on your budget and how important you view your shoes as being.
If your dress completely covers your shoes, you really needn’t worry about spending a lot of money on shoes, as nobody is going to be able to see them!
On the other hand, spending more money will likely get you a pair of shoes that are more durable and comfortable than cheaper styles, and at the end of the day, it’s as much about how you feel in your shoes as it is about how you look.
The great thing about sites such as Amazon is that you can find a wide range of wedding shoes on the market available at really affordable prices, so even if you’re on a tight budget, you can find a pair to suit your needs.
We’d recommend spending anywhere between $20 to $100 – depending on the style, brand, and how well made the shoe is.
Frequently Asked Questions
What shoes go with a boho wedding dress?
As we outlined above, a range of shoes can go with bohemian wedding dresses, from lace heels to strappy heels, suede booties, and diamond-encrusted flats.
It depends on the style of your boho dress, and how much emphasis you’re placing on comfort and style.
The good thing about boho wedding dresses is that they go with a broader range of styles than traditional wedding dresses do.
What color shoes should I wear with my wedding dress?
Traditionally, brides usually opt for classic white, ivory, or champagne shoes, though nude and delicate metallic tones are also increasingly popular.
That said, it’s your wedding day and you have free reign, so if you’re a lover of color, don’t be afraid to add a splash of color to your look.
Bright hues can look amazing if you tie them in with the rest of your color scheme.
Can you wear ivory shoes with a white wedding dress?
You can wear ivory shoes with a white dress, but white shoes will look odd paired with an ivory dress.
The logic behind this is that accessories that are lighter than your dress will make your dress look dirty, whereas accessories can be slightly darker than the dress and this looks fine.
That said, it’s also worth considering how visible your shoes are. If nobody can see them because you’re wearing a long flowing dress, it’s probably not worth worrying about as much!